Monday, October 12, 2009

Denial of the American Complex

There are many unispiring truths about college, but one that I find personally gratifying and then repoacful again because of what it says about secondary education, is that college students are arseh*les in any country not just America.
I hated college kids when I was one and now I hate them again, but in a progressive way, a multi-cultured, all-inclusive kind of way. They're still noisy, ignorant and self-righteous all at the same time. They multitask they're hangups and annoying tendancies with the same vigor of walking, talking, ipoding, iphoning, and linking up side by side by 3's and 4's on the narrow sidewalks considering in tandem unsuitable.
And I'm sorry to say that English, really Humanites in general, students are the worst when in comes to belabouring the point and general pontification. This I always thought was a WASP-Americana tendacy but there are kids here too that have read a Freud essay or two and have got you all figured out. There are kids here too that listen to Rage Against the Machine and think we're better off tearing it all down and piling on top of the rubble...something, non descript but perpetually sunny.
There's not one person I've talked to so far that has the slightest problem with America. In fact, without America, they wouldn't have anything to go on their Ipods or favorite movies. So that American complex, however quiet but there still, that tells you the rest of the world hates you, but it to bed. Although I'm in England, I'm also in London. What that means is there's over 7 million people here from ALL OVER. You can get a fairly composite report of world opinion I'm pretty convinced.
So, to make and end, you can find self entitled bourgeois attitudes wherever you go, not just in America.


Before I continue to open up and further remove all doubt...

No comments:

Post a Comment